The old Fort Worth Public Library, designed by Joseph R. Pelich. was built in 1938. It stood at 915 Throckmorton Street and was demolished in 1990. According to the Handbook of Texas, it "departed from this reliance on historical prototypes in favor of the Classical Modernistic style of the 1930s."
The old movie theater at University Drive and Berry Street was demolished to make room for the new TCU Bookstore in August 2006. This photo was taken in 1993. The Record Town sign is still there but the frog sign is gone.